Saturday, December 05, 2015

Greenland: Nuuk

This week is truly a great week for my self-made covers. Within a few days I got all my covers back. Today the last one arrived from Greenland. It is also my very first cover I received from there. Greenland is an autonomous country within the Kingdom of Denmark, located between the Arctic and Atlantic Oceans, east of the Canadian Arctic Archipelago. Though physiographically a part of the continent of North America, Greenland has been politically and culturally associated with Europe (specifically Norway and Denmark, the colonial powers, as well as the nearby island of Iceland) for more than a millennium. I got this cover postmarked in Nuuk. It is the capital and largest city of Greenland. It is the seat of government and the country's largest cultural and economic center with a population of about 16,500 (as in 2013). The cover commemorates the upcoming Arctic Winter Games which will take place in Nuuk from 6th to 11th March 2016.




Stamps:
2x Arctic Winter Games 2016 - Nuuk, Greenland - Issued: 19-01-2015

No comments:

Post a Comment