Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Sweden: Return-to-Sender from Kiruna

This one was an experiment I made, because I wanted to check if it works. I set up this cover myself and send it "Poste Restante" to Kiruna in northern Sweden. Kiruna is the northernmost town in Sweden, situated in the province of Lapland. It had 18,148 inhabitants in 2010 and is the seat of Kiruna Municipality (population: 23,099 in 2008) in Norrbotten County. Due to Kiruna's position north of the Arctic Circle the city experiences both midnight sun and polar night throughout the year as well as a very cold climate by Scandinavian standards. I send the cover from Bielefeld, Germany on March, 23th and it came back on May, 28th 2016.



Stamps:
Comics "Asterix" (from a set of three) - Issued: 01-09-2015


Kiruna: ♁ 67°51′N 0 20°13′ E

No comments:

Post a Comment